Sunday, November 28, 2010

Window Shopping Season

Today I got in a bit of post-Thanksgiving shopping (I'm not a fan of crowds, so I waited until the Black Friday hubbub had died down). More on those purchases tomorrow, but in the meantime, I wanted to highlight one of my favorite aspects of the holiday season: window displays!

Macy's has adopted "Believe" as this year's theme. While the displays aren't entirely original, they still are cute and seasonally cheery.

Bergdorf Goodman invokes the luxury and adventure of travels in many of their window displays. I love the vintage feel of the maps and trunks.

Another Bergdorf Goodman window. The carriage is playful and romantic.

I love Barney's "Have a Foodie Holiday" theme. After all, the food is one of my favorite parts of the season. I could do without the Snuggies though...

This Barney's window, inspired by Illy cans, is absolute perfection.

And finally, what girl or woman wouldn't swoon at the sight of this tutu in Henri Bendel's window?

Let the window shopping commence!

Images via The Cut.

No comments: