Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Travel Day

Today I'm flying home for Thanksgiving! I'm excited to spend the next few days with the people who love me unconditionally (or are at least forced to). Of course, after losing my luggage on a traumatic school trip in the 8th grade, I've taken extra care to pack essentials in a carry-on. Even though this trip home means I'll have clothing upon arrival, you can never be too careful.

What to bring? The list's not too exhaustive or complicated, just the basics:
  • Everyday simple makeup: Tinted moisturizer, powder, an eyeliner pencil, beige eyeshadow and mascara. Just enough to look pretty by day, and a little pop of eyeliner for dinners and evening activities.
  • A scarf: to keep you warm on over air conditioned planes, dress up simple jeans when you realize you brought less clothing than you needed, and to stay cozy in the evening.
  • Boots: I know many people like to travel in flip flops or slide on shoes, but when the weather is cold, boots are the perfect choice. They're still easy to slip on and off in the security line (no lacing required) and they can be worn stylishly with jeans, skirts and tights, dresses, leggings, etc.
  • Charger cables: I'm lucky and have a large, tech-savvy family. So in the off chance I forget a phone or laptop charger, I'll be okay. Check and double check that you have everything, ideally right after you charge everything before your departure.
  • Wallet with necessary IDs, credit cards, emergency cash, etc.
  • Hairbrush and lots and lots of extra hair ties: because there's nothing worse than wanting to put your hair up when it's getting in the way, and not being able to.
  • Clothes, obviously. But that's a whole different can of worms...
Good luck to all those traveling this week! Be safe :)

No comments: