Sunday, February 20, 2011

Orange Crush: Sass & Bide Fall 2011

Bright orange is predicted to be a popular shade this spring, and I'm excited to see notes of the hue carrying over into fall collections. Normally orange emerges in the colder months coupled with brown and sage greens. I was pleased to see Heidi Middleton and Sarah-Jane Clarke designed a very orange fall 2011 collection for their label Sass & Bide. They paired bright orange with pops of magenta, lemon, gray, and brown, without an overt citrus effect. While the collection struck me as more summer than fall, I could see the individual pieces broken up and incorporated into a more cool weather ensemble. Some of my favorite looks:

Here, bright orange looks gorgeous as both the bodice and skirt of dresses when paired with a range of pink hues.

I love the petal detail as both a blouse and skirt. Again, orange is paired with pink, but shades of brown and pale peach also break up the bold color.

While orange only appears as an accessory, I love the silhouette and print of this dress. Perfect for summer and fall.

Images via Style.com

No comments: