Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And the Oscar Goes to...

Well, not that Oscar. It's hard to be in the mindset for New York Fashion Week's fall ready to wear collections while waiting so impatiently for spring, but beautiful clothes are season-less.

Oscar de la Renta is known for his classic silhouettes and feminine detailing, as well as bright pops of color and print. He credits his youth in Santo Domingo for influencing his design asthetic, "My great strength is knowing who I am and where I come from – my island.” While his fall collection featured more neutral colors and an abundance of fur, there were still plenty of patterns. Some of my favorite looks:

Karlie Kloss could make anything look good, but I love the fur topper and patterned coat paired with leather boots. It feels very Dr. Zhivago (read: elegantly beautiful) to me.

 I love the feminine details on these two pale-hued dresses. The silhouette of the first is incredibly figure flattering, and the second is very whimsical and fun. Though the styling of the second makes it a bit too "Ice Princess" for my taste, I think it's a lovely party dress.

You can see OdlR's signature love of bright colors and prints in this gorgeous gown. It manages to balance sophistication with an eclectic touch.

I love the detailing of this neckline. Simply beautiful.

Images via Style.com

No comments: