Sunday, May 2, 2010

Favorite Jewelry

I've been making an effort to wear more jewelry lately, if only because of the realization that half of the pieces in my jewelry box have been worn only once. Still, I've found that I'm drawn to the same combinations all the time. Case in point, on Friday, I wore a sleeveless blue and white sundress. The first time I wore this dress, I paired it with a long chain necklace that was a gift from a friend. On Friday, as I was getting dressed, I immediately reached for the same necklace, without even thinking about it.

Speaking of jewelry, I always follow the "two not three" rule. Basically I'll wear any combination of two of the following: earrings, bracelet, watch, necklace, ring. My most common day to day look is earrings and a watch, but I'll mix it up from time to time. The watch is kind of a necessity (I'm way too obsessed with time), but I'll take it off from time to time in favor of a necklace. I hardly ever wear rings. They make writing and typing too difficult, and I have difficulty finding rings that are comfortable and fit well.

Resolution of the week: Wear no piece of jewelry twice. This includes my trusty watch (well, actually not so trusty, its batteries died recently and I've yet to replace them... yay back up watch!) and my go-to pair of earring studs. Wish me luck!

P.S. The picture above is of a charm bracelet part of a limited edition Alice in Wonderland line designed by Tom Binns for Disney Couture. I think it's absolutely adorable!

No comments: