Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dressing for Date Night

I finally got around to seeing Date Night, the romantic comedy meets action adventure, starring Tina Fey and Steve Carell. Through out the fast paced, constantly changing plot, I found myself drawn to Fey's dress. In a word, she looked absolutely stunning, despite running all over Manhattan in heels (how do women do that?).

I've been on a bit of a v-neck trip lately; they're so flattering! Once I got home, I went to work trying to track down the dress from the film. Turns out, it was custom made for the film. A quick online search turned up a fairly similar version from Target, which is likely more budget friendly than anything in Hollywood.

As I continue the search for my own version of the LND (little navy dress), I have a new appreciation for costume designer Marlene Stewart. She did a great job with the film proving fashion really does make everything better!

No comments: