Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Prime Prints: Jonathan Saunders Fall 2011

While many designers excel at prints, London Fashion Week seemed to have more than its fair share of talent. While my overall impression of Jonathan Saunder's Fall 2011 collection was a bit underwhelming, his print placement was spot on. I'm still astonished how the bright colors almost seem, well, restrained.

I love the unconventional orange and turquoise pairing that quite accurately bridges summer and fall. I know the cardigan is menswear, but the combination of the color and print makes it seriously covetable.

 I love the blouse on the right and the skirt of the dress on the left. Who am I kidding, I love the skirt on the right as well... just not the head-to-toe styling. The waist defining silhouette of both looks is incredibly figure flattering, and the flutter sleeves and length are ladylike and elegant. At the same time, the fun print and unexpected colors keep the look very youthful and fun.

This final look doesn't showcase Saunders' prints, but I love the juxtaposition of the flirty hemline and large, graphic overlay. Very minimalist and modern.

Images via Style.com

No comments: