Sunday, March 20, 2011

Color Blocking and Brights, Oh My!

I can't get enough of Zara's lookbook styling. The iterations on the color blocking trend are so effortless, yet eye-catching. I love the bright, citrus colors and the warm, sunny feeling they bring to the outfit. The jumper balances out the short hem of the skirt, but the loose knit keeps it from looking too stuffy.


Unrelated to color blocking, but to its credit still bright, how neat is this necklace? It's handcrafted in Ghana as part of the Bluma Project. I like the playfulness of the beads and fun tie, but it's not juvenile. It's the sort of necklace that can dress up or down an outfit, and unique to boot.

(Shopbop, $75)

Thank goodness for bright colors. Good bye dull outfits!

1 comment:

WhatMissLoves said...

Although it's not usually my style, I really really love that necklace! My cousin went to school in Ghana and loved the culture there!

whatmissloves.blogspot.com