Friday, September 17, 2010

BCBG Maz Azria

Max Azria has long been one of my favorite fashion designers. I might be a bit biased. Junior year of high school I embarked on the search for my first professional suit.

An important disclaimer: shopping for pants has never been easy for me. Hemlines in particular always fall awkwardly around my ankles, creating a rather unflattering illusion when wearing even the flattest of flats. After several shopping excursions and trying on literally every option at major department stores, my pants loving self was ready to resign to wearing a suit with a skirt bottom.

As much as I ogle designer fashion from afar, I'm more likely (to this day) to buy my jeans on sale for $20. Sheer desperation emboldened my mom to steer me towards the designer section of Dillard's where a row of slacks with unbelievably long hemlines caught my eye. Careful to avoid glancing at the price tag, I quickly tried a pair and was floored to realize they fit perfectly - without alterations.

While the suit was a pricey investment, I console myself with the thought that I saved on tailoring costs. More importantly, the suit still fits like a glove to this day, and has held up beautifully. I've since splurged on another pair of dress pants and a few dress shirts whenever I notice them on sale.

It's comforting to know I have a brand I can go to whenever I need something with a flattering fit and classic style. My senior year prom dress was BCBG, and three years later, would still be lovely for any formal event.

Sure, the clothes are more expensive than most everything else I own, but they wear beautifully and are, to put it simply, an investment. In the meantime, I'll be coveting the Spring 2011 ready-to-wear collection!

No comments: